The very kind and sweet Nicole from Willow and Thyme nominated Air Eater for a Liebster Award.
There are rules about these things and here they are:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you|
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about me:
1. My favourite colour is green. My eyes are also green. I own quite a number of green shirts.
2. My favourite number is 3, multiples of 3, I am the third child, my birthday is 06.30, no way I’m giving you the year!
3. I am allergic to kiwi, I never cared for it anyway.
4. I was supposed to be left handed, but I can still do things with my left hand.
5. I truly hate cheesecake. I don’t care for the texture, the taste, oh it’s just beyond me how anyone likes this thing. Thank God Mat also hate this vile dessert.
6. My favourite band is Radiohead, I am very fond of British rock. I used to rock out to the Beatles as a little girl.
7. I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, I could watch it for hours, even though I hate musicals I love this movie.
8. I have a fascination with old keys, they really spark my imagination for the stories behind them.
9. I’ve been writing since I was 6. Wrote my first ‘book’, the school physically made my story into a book and I still have it today. I’ve written a play about a 1930′s radio show and how the producer planned to kill everyone. Yeah, just your average kid.
10. I love the smell of wet denim because it reminds me of being caught in the rain during summer thunderstorms while riding my bike.
11. When I can’t sleep I picture myself in a fully loaded 1950′s kitchen making a cake. I never get past sifting the flour.
1. What is your favorite local restaurant (and extra credit: what’s your favorite dish)?
Mengrai Thai in Toronto – their pad woo sen – FANTASTIC!
2. If you could live in any city/country where would it be?
San Fran, we visited a few years ago and it stole my heart.
3. Are you currently working on any personal or professional projects you’re excited about?
I’m always working on Concept Branding (social media/copywriting services), Vegan Bloggers Unite! and reviving my beloved Air Eater.
4. What’s your favorite way to wake up and what’s the first thing you do?
Other than looking over and seeing my dear husband? I enjoy when the cats decide to nibble or lick my ear. The first thing I do is yawn, rub my eyes and look bewildered, then prepare a very big proper brunch: tofu scramble with veggies, tofu sausage, cucumbers/tomato and mixed green with fresh juice or water.
5. What’s your favorite holiday and how to like to celebrate?
I suppose that would be Christmas. I enjoy putting up the tree and decorating. Each year we buy a new ornament to celebrate another year together. I enjoy the festive drinks, not eggnog, that’s just nasty, but more so hot chocolate variations.
6. What would you have for your “last supper”?
What wouldn’t I have is the question. I’d have my very guilty pleasure of sweet potato noodles with a vegan version of Kraft dinner cheese. It sounds nasty, but my goodness is it ever tasty. That plus a plethora of other foods: raw coconut ravioli with cashew sauce, raw coconut cannelloni with strawberry sauce and sweet cashew cream, raw tomato bread sandwich with alfalfa sprouts, avocado, cashew mayo and tomato, I could go on.
7. What is your idea of the best weekend ever?
Waking up late, having a big proper brunch (tofu scramble with veggies), tofu pups sliced and sautéed, tomato/cucumber/mixed greens with balsamic and vinegar and home made potato cubes fried up nicely. THEN – go out with Mat to see a bunch of cute shops out of the city and go on a picnic adventure.
8. What is your professional job and do you love it?
I am currently focusing on my social media business Concept Branding. I do love it. I enjoy writing copy, helping clients figure out their social media strategy and I don’t have to wear nylons.
9. What do you normally have for breakfast?
Currently, Silver Hills gluten free bread and Tofutti cream cheese. I do not drink coffee. Ew.
10. Currently what is your favorite song or band?
Radiohead – they rule all.
11. If you could be any fictional character who would it be and why?
Alice in Wonderland. She had all the fun.
My questions for the nominees:
1. What was the first dish you ever prepared by yourself?
2. How adventurous are you in your cooking/baking?
3. What gave you the inspiration to write your blog?
4. What’s your favourite movie?
5. What book can you not live without?
6. What’s the best concert you’ve ever seen?
7. How many times have you moved in your life?
8. Who inspires you?
9. What’s been the best dish you’ve ever made?
10. Do you have any fur babies?
11. What are your blog goals?
1. An Unrefined Vegan
2. Marty’s Flying Vegan Review
3. Rachel in Veganland
4. The Vegan Kat
5. The Veggie Nook
6. Until We Eat Again
7. Vegan ESP
8. Vegan Monologue
9. The Trim Vegetarian
10. What Will We Eat?
11. Your Daily Vegan